Ride out this weekend - North / Yorkshire

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MickeyMoto

Ride out this weekend - North / Yorkshire

Post by MickeyMoto »

Anybody fancy a ride out this weekend?

Weather set fair for North Yorkshire but further North may be a bit damp.

Otherwise, anybody know of any events on this weekend?

Mike.
Chips1953

Re: Ride out this weekend - North / Yorkshire

Post by Chips1953 »

sorry Mike, I'd go esp' if youve got the corsaro on the road, but we've got the G'kids this weekend.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi george,

ok, no worries - spoil them rotten, fill 'em with e numbers and send them back... :)

I think a ride to Northumberland via t'Dales, Hartside, Alston etc and a blast back on the A1.

Yes, I will take the Corsaro, and it is a fantastic bike. I cannot believe the torque, it moves from any revs, 30 to 60? Flick of the wrist. It handles beautifully too. It feels as light as my old Hornet.

I set the rev limit light to 5,500 and I haven't seen it come on yet... :) I may have to raise that as I get more used to it.

How are you getting on adjusting the suspension? Looks a bit complicated to me....

Mike.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Hi Mike
When I first had the bike I was a b it doubtful about the front end and was concerned about the suspension, I left it not knowing exactly what to do and since I've replaced the rear tyre I feel a lot more confident. Seems you can take them to special setting companies, but I like it the way it is, maybe a little harder at the rear as it bottomed out whilst in Scotland. As I'm a hefty bloke maybe I should.
Cheers
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Well, you all missed a stonking ride.

277 miles door to door, 45 mph average (according to the readout) - 3 seasons, all sorts of roads from motorway to single track with mud and stones. Dry roads, wet roads, damp roads. Some fantastic corners and best of all, very little traffic.

Home - Pateley Bridge - Grassington - Kettlewell - Hawes - Kirkkby Stephen - Hartside for lunch - Alston - Hexham - Corbridge - Stamfordham - Belsay - Morpeth - A1 home.

No map, no sad-nag.

George, I took a note of the suspension settings and the 'standard' setup from the manual for a 75kg rider and adjusted everything accordingly. It is much better now. Before it was too firm and I was being ejected from the saddle on bumpy roads. I can fine tune from here. The tyres are the original Pirellis and I really rate them, although the rear is a little flattened.

Mike.