Alfonso Strada Morini

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
steve pegg

Alfonso Strada Morini

Post by steve pegg »

Hello,
Could not decide where to put this, just decided to stop here.
So I am watching the Tour DE France on Eurosport, a viewer ask if a woman has competed the commentators say no BUT a lady by the name of Alfonso Strada competed in the Giro DE Italia beating men on some stages and generally causing quite some excitement, so much so they would not let her compete the following year. She continues succesfully cycling competively in other events and marries someone called Morini hence Alfonso Strada Morini. One of the commentators is into Italian bikes and makes the connection to Moto Morini and the fact that one of the models as we know is called Strada also her maiden name. A level of knowledge which makes a change from" Is it a Ducati" or as bad "Is it a 2 stroke"
Unfortunately she dies when a Moto Guzzi crushes her, the inference was that she was riding it. Further comments on Japanese requirements to be able to bench press the weight of the bike you want to ride.
Apparently there is a play on now in London about her life as she was quite a celebrity in Italy.
I think I have rememberd it correctly I was working hard in the Peleton when suddenly Moto Morinis entered the Tour de France and I was not quite ready, so corrections expected indeed welcome.
Keep Dry Steve
steve pegg

Re: Alfonso Strada Morini

Post by steve pegg »

Ok,

I knew I would get flack on this, my mistake with the name it was Alfonsina Strada its all in Wikipedia, it looks like the play has finished in London. She certainly married into " a Morini " family the Eurosport Commentators made the connection to the Motorcycle firm so perhaps he knows a little more.

Steve :D