Bristol Italian AutoMotive Festiva - Saturday 28th April

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
corsaro chris

Bristol Italian AutoMotive Festiva - Saturday 28th April

Post by corsaro chris »

What with the weather warming up, the clocks going forward and everything (althought it'll probably snow or rain on the day...) is anyone else planning to get along to this?

It's the tenth BIAMF (Bristol Italian AutoMotive Festival) and is a really good event - Italian M/C and cars in one place, the centre of the city turned in to a canival for the day and a really good market right at the heart of it as well. Not only that, but over the past few years we've made several new friends, plus kept in touch with others from the SW. It's traditional to have a coffee together, and visit the Pie Shop for lunch, but everything else is up to you. Many "ride in" from the Gordano services on the M5, but it's just as easy to turn up slightly later (although difficult to park as a group then). I think that the ride in is from about 9:30 ~ arrive earlier if you want a coffee and a short break from all that riding along the motorway :wink: .

If you're planning on visiting the Classic Show at Stafford (with Agostini as special guest), do this on the Saturday and then go to the glorified auto-jumble (and the Morini stand!) on the Sunday!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MarkB

Re: Bristol Italian AutoMotive Festiva - Saturday 28th April

Post by MarkB »

Hi Chris, as you know I will be going on the 3 1/2 Sport. Last year's event was a really good day out - it was worth it just to be part of the noise as over 100 Italian bikes thundered out of the Gordano Services. A good turn-out of Morinis from the 50s to the noughties, a marvellous selection of exotic bikes and cars to drool over in the centre of Bristol, friendly people to chat to and very good pie and mash for lunch. I just hope the weather is as kind to us this year as it was last time.

Cheers, Mark.

"I'll have a V please, Bob."
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

If I wasn't riding at Prescott (sorry on the YZ250 not the Morini) I would go. I'll almost certainly be going to Stafford on the Sunday though.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

See you at Stafford on the Sunday then, as I'm hoping to go as well (and resupplying any products sold out on the Saturday...)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
RHThomas

Post by RHThomas »

I had a great day last year.
Chris & Mark, are you still going?

Anyone else?

Cheers,
Robin
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

I will try to make it
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

What a day! The weather wasn't perfect, to say the least, and a lot of the classic bikes that had been there last year stayed at home. Still, we had five very nice, if soggy, Morinis and it turned out that this year's theme was Red. A Gran Passo, three variations of 3 1/2 Sport and a delectable Corsaro Veloce, just visible at the back of the photo.

Next weekend I am mainly going to be cleaning the Sport.

Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mark,

Bikes looked clean in the photo so I assume the weather turned very wet on the way home.
Stafford was dry but very cold (7c) and I can report your Strada was safe and well.
Record crowds, so many it was difficult to get around. Must have been the promise of rain today that made so many people choose Saturday.
I had the chance to chat with Greg (Benzina) and renewing my sub for another year. I now have a tee shirt so we can both promote Gregs fine magazine.

Regards

Paul
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I confess I stayed away from Stafford today after a cold and mostly wet day riding the YZ450F at Prescott yesterday. I'm hoping the weather improves by the Dijon trip :(