Cadwell 2012

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
72degrees

Cadwell 2012

Post by 72degrees »

Looking forward to it! I recently found an old photo of me on the 2C/375 which I *think* might be from the first Cadwell, or at least a very early one because it was taken at the 'club' hairpin.

SupermotoDave

Re: Cadwell 2012

Post by SupermotoDave »

And you are wearing a numbered bib!

David m
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Indeed. It also isn't even the 'club' circuit but the even shorter version. The days when one group used to marshall the others in turns.
morinipete

Post by morinipete »

I'm in Kathmandu, my 500 is under a pile of boxes in storgae in the UK somewhere with a rattly top-end, and I don't even know if I'll be in the UK in June anyway, but I've sent my application off today regardless.

I've missed the last two years after 10 odd years without missing one (where ever I've been in the world), so think I've got to make the effort.

I may well be the one by the paddock gate, with my thumb stuck out begging a ride !

Pete
Captain B

Post by Captain B »

Looks like you're enjoying yourself there! I have had my booking for the event confirmed and I am really looking forward to it! :D
I live in the Glasgow area, so if anyone from Central Scotland is going to Cadwell or or is still thinking about it, I'm up for riding down together or sharing the cost of a van if that's preferred. If the weather is fine nearer the time I think I'd quite enjoy riding down tbh.
Iain
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Captain B wrote: I have had my booking for the event confirmed and I am really looking forward to it! :D
I live in the Glasgow area, so if anyone from Central Scotland is going to Cadwell or or is still thinking about it, I'm up for riding down together or sharing the cost of a van if that's preferred. If the weather is fine nearer the time I think I'd quite enjoy riding down tbh.
Looks like you've wasted your money... :D Surely a thrash from Glasgow to Cadwell along some of the best roads Southern Scotland and Northern England possess is far better than going around in circles?

Only joking.... I have the bike but need the leathers and Gold stamped helmet. Haven't been since the early 90s when I thrashed my Kanguro around the short circuit then went trail riding the next day around some local green lanes.....

Mike.
collieek

Post by collieek »

When is the track day this year I have missed all the others due to working away?
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Friday 15th June.
If you need an entry form the details are on this site or you can pm me if you like.

Regards

Paul
collieek

Post by collieek »

Bugger going to be at work again :x

The following weekend would have been good.

Any other meets going on in the East Midlands?
Emmohaswheelsagain

Sorry the date is wrong again this year.
Always a problem as we have no choice and have to take what is given to the club by Cadwell,
Regarding other events in the East Midlands Cadwell is really the only one of any size.
You will find one or two Morinis at Willingham Woods (just east of Market Rasen) 11.30 onwards on the third Sunday of each month through the summer.
There is the Wolds Run on 5th May which is held at the Aviation Centre at East Kirkby Nr Spilsby. Its not a MRC event but if you like classic bikes and classic planes the old war time airfield is a great place to be.
I believe entries are still available through the Classic Bike Guide web site and all proceeds go to Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance. Send us a pm if you decide to go.
1000 bikes at Mallory is always worth a visit, early July, and the club have a stand there so its a chance to meet members and have a look at their bikes.
Next year their will be two classic bikes shows at Newark, January and June which the club will probably attend. This January's show was the first and proved to be a success.
You will find a thread on this years show and a link to U Tube if you want to have a look.

Safe Riding

Paul
collieek

Post by collieek »

I will get over to Willingham not been yet we usually go to Ashby Folville a good selection of classic and new stuff.

I did the 1000 bikes last year rode on the Sunday one of the best weekends I have had but I did not see the club stand. The plan this year was to ride the Morini on the Saturday and the race bike on Sunday but another clash of dates means the Le Mans classic is the same weekend. As that is only once every two years I will be going there.

I will post on here when I can get over to Willingham see if anyone else is going lets hope the weather picks up again.

Paul
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Entries are now CLOSED for the 30th Morini Riders Club Trackday at Cadwell Park.We warned you to book early to avoid disappointment as places are very limited. Due to popular demand we have now reached capacity and so have closed entries for this year.

Thank you to everybody who has entered for this year. As always our goal is to provide the most fun, safe and laid back trackday in the UK, with a wide variety of interesting machines in the paddock and on track, and we look forward to seeing you there.

If you were unable to get your entry in to us in time, then why not still join us for an enjoyable day in the paddock and spectating from the various interesting vantage points that Cadwell has to offer? Entry for spectators is free and we guarantee an enjoyable day in the sun (okay, we can't guarantee the sun)

Please do not turn up on the day hoping for a late entry without having contacted us first. We will operate a reserve list and will keep you informed about place availability. For more information or to add your name to the reserve list please email trackdayATmorini-riders-clubDOTcom
unreal

Post by unreal »

Hi all,
I'm going up on the 14th and staying ing Louth, just saw this:

http://www.classicmechanics.com/news/lo ... bike-night

So should be entertaining, anyone else around that night?

Maybe PMs with mobiles?

Simon
Emmohaswheelsagain

Hi Simon,

Yes this is a new event and should attract a good crowd if the weather is OK.
If you are staying in the B&B on Upgate you can walk down to the town centre.
On a general point for those staying at the Waggon & Horses I would recommend that you avoid the centre of Louth and take the bye pass following the signs for Mablethorpe.
The pub is 6 miles out on the A157 and is on the edge of South Reston on the main road, you can't miss it. (LN11 8JQ for those with a Sat Nav)
With just a few final arrangements to make all looks set for a good day/weekend.
We have a record entry of Morinis which should make the day really special.
See you all there.

Regards

Paul
unreal

Post by unreal »

Hi Paul, you seem to the man with the plan so may I beg a bit of advice. I'm trailering my bike up on Thursday PM and staying at the Travellers, there doesn't seem much parking around there, would I be best to leave the bike and trailer in the compound at Cadwell over night (if that's even possible)? Any other suggestions?
This is my first time as you may have guessed!
Here's willing the rain away.

Simon