MRC Stand at Scottish M/C Show; March 2012

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
corsaro chris

MRC Stand at Scottish M/C Show; March 2012

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi all;

The MRC will be having a stand at the Scottish M/C show this coming March - if any of you fancy showing your bike over the weekend of 10 / 11th March 2012 then please send me a PM; ideally I'd like a 350 and 500 plus a single. I'm bringing the Club boards and some regalia northwards, and I'd rather not have to transport a bike as well!

It's a good show, a season opener north of the Boarder (although it snowed heavily in 2011...) and a great place to meet fellow members or just other motorcyclists or Morini riders.

Hope to hear from some of you - we can sort out a meeting later in the Spring at the stand. Oh, and the ones showing bikes get in for free! :D

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Re: MRC Stand at Scottish M/C Show; March 2012

Post by 72degrees »

That's a fair old trek for you Chris! Do you need a staging post in the Midlands? The last time I went to the Scottish show was to collect the Gilera 'Norturno' and organise a Gilera Network stand. It's a long, long way in a hired Luton van with a speed limiter :(
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Thanks Pete - we'd gratefully take you up on the offer - I'll be travelling up with Diane and a break on the Thursday night (if possible) would give us a head start on travelling up over Friday. We might even get there before it got dark...

Be in touch later on in February over precise details.

All we need now are a few bikes to show ~ come on some of you guys and girls further north :wink:

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

OK Chris we can plan the fine detail of the Laon to Dijon leg of the May trip :) I'll email you nearer the date.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Any more takers for the Scottish Show?

I've got the promise of two bikes - a 3.5 Strada (very nice) and a 250 twin in brown... A 500 or Sport would be nice - or even a single. Are there any at all in Scotland...

Let me know by post, pm or a call to 01189 793362

Cheers,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

There was a 500 Sport in Scotland, but I exported it last year.... :)

I could be persuaded to show it, but I'd prefer to ride it.... I'd also need to see what I am doing that weekend.

Mike.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Just got back from Scootland. Great show, great people. Met Niall Mackenzie and his son on the stand this morning.

A number of people were most interested in Morinis and if anybody has one for sale you could find a buyer North of the border, but why would you want to do that?

500 going well, Edinburgh to home 4 hours with a coffee stop... 180 miles, 130 in the dark. Excellent run down A68, even made Carter Bar in the fading light then followed two cars doing 55mph all the way to the A1..

Bike is sipping the fuel, Edinburgh to Washington Services, 115 miles on <8 litres......

I'll post some piccys tomorrow.

Mike.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Mike;

Glad to hear that you got all the way to middle England OK! What is it about people from Yorkshire in Scotland (even if they were born in the south...)?

It was a great show, all the better for having an interesting and wide line up of bikes on display - and winning a Rosette... There's even a chance of setting up a form of regular Morini meet for our Scottish members, which should encourage a few out on to the roads this coming summer.

Meeting up with the owner of the only 9.5 in Scotland (?), a 250 single owner from Carlisle, a new member who'd bought Alan Hays' lovely 350 Sport and another who'd bought the 1975 Sport he'd seen in a Newcastle dealers window in 1985 and has ridden it ever since and more was great. Like every show its' a two day club meeting, great fun, informative and useful for owners and riders alike. Thanks to everyone who helped, stop to chat or just look, and especially the organisers of the show - to my mind the best Bike Show in the UK!

Good riding,

Chris W
"I'll use the Morini"