Dijon 2012 - Coupes Moto Legende...

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
steve pegg

Re: Dijon 2012 - Coupes Moto Legende...

Post by steve pegg »

Hi Chris,

Work is sorted so I just need web sites for the accommodation being used and or any other domestic stuff you think would be useful.

Thank you , Steve Pegg
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Steve;

Good news! The link to Hotel Campanile is in the first post - we're at Laon on the Thursday night and Dijon Nord on the Friday / Saturday. About ten people are travelling at present, and I know a good few of those have booked already. You might want to see if any one fancies doubling up on a room, or take one for yourself?

Some will be staying at the Laon hotel on the return leg, but Diane and I are travelling west for a couple of nights to make a longer break of it... We've not booked the crossing yet, but will probably go out on a just prior to noon crossing via Le Shuttle, aiming to meet up at the terminal at about 11:00 am on the Thursday.

If you search for Coupes Moto Legende you'll get to the French site, which will give you admission costs and other details; it's five or six miles from the hotel at the Circuit Dijon-Prenois.

Anything else, just PM me with your phone numebr and I'll get back to you.

Cheers,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

I have booked on the 11:50...

Anybody planned a route to Laon? I can suggest one which keeps off the Autoroutes and more to the N Roads.

Mike.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mike;

You have just been (s)elected lead rider for the stage down to Laon....

72 degrees (aka Pete) will lead from Laon to Dijon the next day, so all we have to do is NOT FALL OVER :wink:

What with it being Berks Bucks and Oxon club nite and 12.5 degrees outside it almost feels like spring. The snows must be just around the corner,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

oh bugger.....

1st stop, lunch!
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote:Mike;
72 degrees (aka Pete) will lead from Laon to Dijon the next day, so all we have to do is NOT FALL OVER :wink:
CC
OK, but I'll have to "take it steady" :wink:
steve pegg

Post by steve pegg »

Hi Chris,

Just to confirm I have booked the Tunnel for 1150 needless to say 24th May! and the hotels suggested including Laon for the return.
I only need to get my barrels back from relining and book the entrance!

Cheers Steve
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

corsaro chris wrote:Mike;

You have just been (s)elected lead rider for the stage down to Laon....
From Tunnel to Laon is 140 miles by Autoroute and €9 in Tolls.

My route is 155 miles and €0 in Tolls.
Jem

Post by Jem »

I have booked rooms at the recommended hotels in Laon (Thursday & Sunday nights) and at Dijon (Friday & Saturday nights). As they don't offer singles I've had to book twin rooms. So if anyone wants to share a room & share costs let me know.

Note: there are not may rooms left for Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights.

Time to finish of project Kanguro or it will be all the way on my Sport!

Jem
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

I would have liked to ride with you from Laon (not so far from my home) but there is a mariage in my family and that is not something that will be repeated each year.

However I want to inform you that the French Morini Passion Club will be present on site. The details are far from been settled but that might be an opportunity to get in touch with other Morini lovers. As Morini was well introduced in France in the 50's and 60's, there are several members with old singles like Corsaros or even Settebellos.

I'll give you more information when they will become available. In the meantime I wish you a nice ride. Enjoy the Coupes and the beautifull roads of Burgondy... without forgetting the local nectar!

Cheers!

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Hi Jem I have pm'd you re sharing.Was thinking of tenting it but am reconsidering. Anyhow if still on let me know.Cheers John
SettebelloDoug

Post by SettebelloDoug »

Hi All...................I have sent in my forms to ride my Settebello at Dijon....................I hope that gets me a ride. As to your comment, Bruno, I met four of the Morini Passion members/officials at Dijon last year. As far as I know, they didn't have their Morinis there, but it will be good to meet them again.

Doug
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I've just been looking at the map of the Dijon area and noticed the D974 which runs south from Dijon via Beaune to Chagny, passing through most of the legendary wine-producing villages in the Burgundy region. According to the satnav it's 34 miles and will take 1hr 17 minutes (hah!). I rather like the idea of a pilgrimage on Sunday morning before leaving for Laon.

A pleine essence! Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

My first stab at a route to laon...

Meet at the tunnel at 11 for 11:50 train, arrive in France 13:30. Lunch in 10 miles - Thinking of Guines or Licques if anybody has any experience of the area?

Directions from Train ramp..

See later post! :)
Last edited by MickeyMoto on 15 Mar 2012 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Mike;

I think that post takes the record for the longest ever on the forum. :D Well done! And not bad seeing as how I have your map book :(

All in all it looks a great route - now we just have to book the Shuttle...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"