Dijon 2012 - Coupes Moto Legende...

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
72degrees

Re: Dijon 2012 - Coupes Moto Legende...

Post by 72degrees »

I think bikes are exempt from the bulbs and vest rule and the breathalyser isn't law until Juy. Priorite a droite is pretty much gone except in some old town centres.

Remember to wave your right leg when passing cars that pull over ( and surprisingly often they will) or at other bikes - saves taking your hand of the throttle :wink:
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote:It sounds like an ideal break - and a great photo opportunity. Editor Marlow would probably also want to be there; I seem to recall that he has a book featuring GP curcuits with the building as an "inconic image"... Or somesuch artistic wording!

Not so long to go now - it'll probably snow on the way down,

CC
I'll add it as a 'stop' on my routee.

When I took the Shiver to France last May Day weekend I encountered a huge hailstorm on the short stretch of autoroute I used. Fortunately I had already pulled over and put on my waterproofs having seen the colour of the clouds ahead, but I wasn't expecting hail heavy enough to bring traffic to almost walking pace. It was hairy, but fortunately just a cloud burst that didn't last more than a couple of miles.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

When I first went to le Mans to watch the 24hr bike race in about 1978 on a T150 , you never saw any police at all.No speed traps or radar of any kind.Obviously things have changed.Generally you do get flashed by oncoming drivers if theres a mobile radar setup and generally they sign radar on autoroutes " FOR YOUR SAFETY"Also on some roaads you used to see black lifesize silouettes, which I took to mean they were advertizing some sort of night club.And in a way they were.Not one I want to go to anytime soon though.
I still go to le Mans (not this year though) to watch MotoGP as it's really cheap, if you dont mind camping in "Bartertown". I often find an annoying side wind on the way,and you can get ridiculously heavy thunder and rain, but hopefully in isolated areas.Roads are either very much better or if there is a bump it'll be a big one.
The only things I beware of is stuff pulling out from lanes on the right still, never get fuel from the opposite side of the road to the direction you are travelling it.(because when you pull out again you look right instead of left) and avoid riding after their lunch break.if possible.You often see a single car crashed into a tree or similar.And why is at every layby or pull in there's a frenchman urinating.
Last time I went to Moto legendes it was properly hot with thunder late evenings.So lets hope for similar weather.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

To all of those following this post and intending to travel;

1. There are some 18 of us looking to be at the event - that's pretty good!

2. The French club have suggested that we meet up and have dinner with them on the Saturday evening - it'd be polite to offer them some contribution in return for the intended hospitality. Paul E is in contact with them over this and we'll have more details closer to the day. If you're intending to join us and haven't said so, now would be a good time to come clean!

3. With the numbers anticipated, and on a presumption that most are aiming to be on the 11:50 shuttle on the 24th, it will be wise to plan to travel in several smaller groups rather than one large one. I have some mobile numbers, but please send me your contact details so that we can keep in touch if need be - do this by Private Message please, otherwise everyone in the Morini world (and beyond) might be calling you... I'll PM you back with mine. [Pete, David, Mike, Paul; I already have yours so this doesn't apply to you!].

4. This is a pleasure trip and not a race, but we'll sort out riding arrangements on the way across in more detail. Mike, Pete - if possible can you do two or three duplicates of the proposed suggested routes down so that we can look at them "hard copy"?

We're really looking forward to this - I hear that France is experiencing the same sort of drought we have in the UK; wear your waterproofs :roll:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
steve pegg

Post by steve pegg »

Perhaps a little late now, I have booked a twin room at LAON out and back and also Dijon for 2 nights however my traveling companion has dropped out so if anyone should wish to share PM me.

cheers, Steve
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

After some last minute fettling involving persuading a 350 2:1 system on to the 2C/375 and rigging up a heat shield I think I'm about ready. I hope the weather is better than my weekend in France on the Shiver a fortnight ago.

I will organise hard copies of a route from Laon to Dijon but probably only of the next town/village and road number list type rather than full details. If in doubt memorise some major town names to look out for if all else fails :wink:
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Set the compass for South... it is warmer apparently....

Any meeting arrangements for next Thursday? I willprobably fill up at Wrotham - there is a garage on the A20 just off the M26/M20 junction.

Train at 11.50 - check in 11.20 latest tunnel at 11?

Mike.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Well, that was a rubbish weekend.... :lol:
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Indeed, I was particularly annoyed the waterproofs did not get used and that the road through Val Suzon had been irritatingly well resurfaced.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

You should have turned left out of the hotel then left at the main road, joined the N998 and had a rubbish ride through forests and very twisty and undulating tarmac. Simply awful.

To sum up the weekend...

Rubbish roads,
Rubbish weather
Rubbish company
Rubbish food
Rubbish beer
Rubbish event

When's the next one?
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

On a better note, glad to be in England etc etc i just got a parking ticket on my bike for being outside the post office for 5 minutes, whilst uloading some parcels to post-ebay stuff. Profit neutralized.Hey ho.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Tired but happy. Me and the bike. If it had a face I think its fly spattered headlight would have a big grin.

Only had to 'make adjustments' once more. Front intake stub slighty loose in the head was easily re-tightened. One cunning carb support zip tie had broken, but a kind lady at the autojumble made me a gift of two stronger ones.

I had a gentle bimble back north from Troyes (where I rode to from the circuit on Sunday afternoon) taking in some D roads I last did on a K2 in 1995 two up. They were more fun on the 2C/375 solo - even with tank bag and panniers. A proper French two hour lunch at Pierrefonds near Compiegne and another non-autoroute but less enjoyable ride from there up to Coquelles for a night in the Etap before a tunnel crossing this morning. The bike was definitely running better in the cooler air this morning so I must re-jet for Cadwell if the forecast is for warm weather.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Yes, tired but happy sums it up. I clearly enjoyed it more then Mickeymoto :wink: it was a memorable trip in so many ways, with great company. I've nearly stopped aching now and will be spending next weekend removing flies from the Sport.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Great roads, great company and great trip.
It will take a few days to recover but the memories will last much longer.
Bikes as always delivered us home with few complaints.
I now have a few days of cleaning, adjusting and checking just to see if 1200 miles has thrown up any issues.
For those of you who doubt the reliability of your Morini have some faith and put it to the test.
Three 350's, two 500's, one 375, 9 1/2 Gran Passo and a Corsaro all passed with flying colours.

Paul
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Emmohaswheelsagain wrote:For those of you who doubt the reliability of your Morini have some faith and put it to the test.
Three 350's, two 500's, one 375, 9 1/2 Gran Passo and a Corsaro all passed with flying colours.

Paul
After a 15 hour 650 mile thrash back the flying colours are the oil stains on my garage floor. I think I have blown all the engine seals. I knew the clutch one was weeping but it looks like the Torrey Canyon under my bike now.

What surprised me was just how comfortable the 500 Sport with rearsets is. I got up on Monday morning with no aches or pains.

Just need to spend a day cleaning off the flies, the bike is sitting in my garage with what looks like a very content face at the moment....

I think the weather helped but I can't wait for the next big trip.

Mike.