Dijon 2012 - Coupes Moto Legende...

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
corsaro chris

Dijon 2012 - Coupes Moto Legende...

Post by corsaro chris »

You'll have seen a note on this in the last copy of ATG (that's the Club magazine, for any reading this who aren't yet members). The plan for the MRC's 2012 Boarder Raid curently looks like this;

Thursday 24th May; travel via Channel Tunnel / Hull Ferry / Other to Laon. This'll probably be over the Autoroute network as we'll only have the mid-afternoon to travel once in France. Laon (30 miles closer than Riems, the original proposal) might be a better overnight stop if you've already done 100+ miles in the UK. It's also a smaller city, so not so likely to get lost in! I know that many of us hate autoroutes and motorways, but there are a few cities to skirt around and it'd be good to have a get together en-route at Laon!

Friday 25th May; Travel using local roads from overnight stop to Dijon; Laon - Dijon is about 210 miles; the circuit is to the north of the city and Doug Ellis, who has been many times before recommends the Campanile Dijon North. They're a reasonable priced chain of hotels well placed for the event venue. Saturday is the best day to visit, as some participants pack up to leave mid-way through the Sunday. We'd aim to stay on the Friday and Saturday nights. The link is;

http://webbooking.louvre-hotels.fr/CA/d ... CA&l=en-GB#

Saturday 26th; Visit the Coup Legende event and then have an evening get together either at the hotel, a local eatery, or in the city (a couple of miles away).

Sunday 27th; repeat visit or look around Dijon in the morning, travel back north, aiming to stop at Laon / Reims if required. Diane and I are looking to travel west however - as we fancy a couple of days around Orleans to look at chateaux in the upper Loire valley.

Monday 28th; dependant on travel plans cross back to Blighty and home...

It'd be worth knowing how many are interested, so put a post on here. Alternatively, just turn up in Dijon - but make sure you're on a Morini! We might even have a couple of guys turning up on their way back from the Moto Giro d'Italia, which takes place over the previous w/e...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Dijon 2012 - Coupes Moto Legende...

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Chris,

Looking forward to the trip already.
Anyone who wants to enjoy a few days on a border raid then come and join us.
We had a great time in Holland last year and this trip could be even better.
What better way to enjoy your Morini.

Paul
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I'm very tempted, but I will just have come back from a "French Run" over the May Day weekend (on the Shiver). There's also talk in another place of going to the Belgian Classic TT at Geddine in late August and doing parade laps, which I would attempt on the 2C/375. It's a good job I'm retired. I also need to see if it clashes with an event in the NHCA calendar. Sounds fun though.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Count me in! The Coupes Moto Legende sounds a great event and it's in a lovely part of France (how many bottles of Burgundy will I be able to fit in the panniers?)

If it's as good as the Holland trip last year it'll be well worth it.

Must start polishing the Sport...

Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Looks good...

Is there a hotel in Laon, or do we make arrnagements and meet up?

My intention would be:

Ride to Folkestone on Thursday (265 miles) for a train about 11.30 ish (or stay in Kent on Wednesday night and get an earlier train).

On t'other side, get off Motorway at first exit and ride down the D roads to Laon (about 130 miles?), stopping for a bite to eat en route, arriving about 5pm.

I would leave Dijon at 10 on Sunday morning to get the train at about 7pm, travelling along the N routes rather than the Autoroute. Intending to stay in Kent on Sunday night riding back on Monday morning to sunny Yorkshire.

Anybody want to meet at the Tunnel?

thanks,

Mike.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mike;

It'd be good to see you there - you're welcome to overnight in Reading if that suits on the way down. There's a Campanile in Laon which several of us are booking in to - it cost me 55 Euro for the one night (for both Diane and I) so "budget but reasonable" would be a good description! The 24th is Dianes' birthday so I can't risk any "interesting" riding that day; we'll be sedate (steady has a different connotation, which I'm not going in to here, but 72 degrees will know what I mean...) getting down. An 11:30 ish train sounds do-able; it'd mean leaving around 8:30 am for us southerners, so a noon one might be better, although we do loose an hour on t'other side :(

If you want to meet up at the terminal it's easy enough; it's what Mark and I did last time and it works well, and whoevers there first can grab a coffee as well!

Good to have you on board!

For others who might be unsure about what we're discussing - here's a link;

http://www.coupes-moto-legende.fr/index.htm

See you there, maybe?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I went to this event a few years ago,not on a Morini i will add. I went across to Cherbourg then stopped at Blois for a night.Had to leave my bike in the street.Cripes!
By the time I got to my gite near to the area I was pretty much done in.But incredible roads.It was about 28-30c during the days so blooming lovely.(not always reliable I gather) Had to force down duck in burgundy with black cherries now and again.(my own concoction.)
Came back northwards using unpleaasant autoroutes and stopped at one of the HotelBB's(a brand new just opening that night one)at Evreux to the left of Paris.
As usual there was a fair old cross wind to contend with.
I can never decide if it's better to ride 250 miles to Dover or just get over the other side ASAP and then ride through France. Or is that decision a no-brainer?
Upshot is I am bearing the date in mind.......
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

We've over half a dozen signed up for this already, including several husband and wife teams, so over ten people. Bikes include old and new V twins, and of course Doug Ellis will have his earlier singles.

If you're interested in the trip but not yet booked, now's a good time. We're staying in Campaniles in Loan and Dijon (Dijon Nord, close to the circuit). Doug has offered us tea or coffee when we're in the circuit (he'll have a prime ringside spot on the inside track) when we visit on Saturday morning - but he'll need to know roughly how many to expect!

If you need more info, send me a PM

Good riding for 2012

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

On checking the NHCA meetings for 2012 it seems I may well be available. No clash with the BRYCS final at Ratho either. Would I be welcome if I had to use the Shiver? This wouldn't be my first choice so long as the 2C/375 is still going well by then, but you know what can happen if you take it 'steady' as in constant as in... :wink:
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

I'm sure you will be most welcome.
Several different machines already committed to travel down, both old and new V's.
If its anything like the Dutch raid we will set an appropriate pace to the slowest machine.
Should be great ride. :D
Already looking forward to the trip.

Paul
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

OK, I'm in. :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Brilliant! Always a pleasure to ride with you!!!!

CC

:D
"I'll use the Morini"
steve pegg

Post by steve pegg »

Hi Chris,

Could you please count me in for this adventure. I will confirm soonish that work does not get in the way. I
Intend to be on my 78 500 and like the idea of meeting at the tunnel.

Regards. Steve.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote:Brilliant! Always a pleasure to ride with you!!!!

CC

:D
Hotels booked at Laon & Dijon. Not sure what I'll do on the way back yet. I remember the road from Dijon to Troyes via Chatillon sur Seine being fun on the Nordwest in 94. Some very famous names to sample by swinging (and swigging) a bit further south and west first though. I might even revisit Bligny-sur-Ouche where we once camped in a cloudburst and had a very good menu a prix fixe - but I'll stop in the Logis.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Steve;

Glad to hear that you're intending to join the ride. It'll be good to meet up with you at the Tunnel. I'm guessing that we'll aim for somewhere around 11:00 am there, with a crossing just prior to noon, which will have us in France around 1:30 their time. So a nice easy ride down to Laon for tea!

As Pete says, the run south from Troyes to Dijon on Friday should take us down some fine Morini roads (I remember the road he mentions as we drove down it when travelling to the factory back in 2007) and with the numbers promised we'll probably do this in several groups of three / four riders each; plenty of time to sort that out on the Thursday night!

Happy New Year, everyone, and good riding, :)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"