Dijon 2012 - Coupes Moto Legende...

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
EVguru

Re: Dijon 2012 - Coupes Moto Legende...

Post by EVguru »

MickeyMoto wrote:After a 15 hour 650 mile thrash back the flying colours are the oil stains on my garage floor. I think I have blown all the engine seals. I knew the clutch one was weeping but it looks like the Torrey Canyon under my bike now.
How much oil did you have in it?
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

between the 2 marks on the dipstick.
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Well it was an eye opener for me, just in time to collect a bucket full of flies.
Many thanks to all involved who got together to make it a fruitful trip for me.
Steve asked me what the trip had taught me. Well, first up the MM 350/500 twin is an awesome piece of kit, very capable for a long and quick tour.
Secondly, the company was intelligent, friendly and warm. (Must get you to drink more though).
Thirdly the Coups D' Legends was a great experience, not to be missed next time round.
Lastly, the weather was as I remember it as a child, warm all the time.

Somewhere Jack and Diane were Lost in France without a 2 stroke.

Cheers.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
steve pegg

Post by steve pegg »

This time last week......... Soon to get lost again only to find a very fast Matchless 500 single who's rider showed us the way to the circuit well worth getting lost for . I think we , Mark , Paul and James will remember that for a while.

Things I learnt, getting lost is an adventure but I will update my Sat Nav and take much better maps especially for towns.

Look forward to another trip, my eye is on the Moto Treffen next year .

The Morini Riders Club provides good company.

Thanks Chris for getting this one going.
adrian650

Post by adrian650 »

Sounds like you had an excellent trip - and wondrous weather, a real shame I wasn't up to it. Managed to drag myself back to work on 1st June. Terrible timing. I'm looking forward to pictorial reports in ATG.

Adrian
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Guys;

Well, it looks like most of us made it back in one piece - and thanks for your company (and for all singing Happy Birthday for Diane at the hotel!). Yep, I think it's time to do the Treffen next year ~ I've never been to Germany, and the year after that it has to be ITALIA; the original air-cooled V's will be 40 years old and that'll be worth celebrating in style. Start saving the brownie points now :wink:

We had a great week after Dijon, 4 nights in Orleans looking at the medieval quarter, drinking and seeing some of the other sights, including Chateaudun and the Knights Templar Commanderie further west. We also had two nights in Albert and looked at the site of the Somme battles and followed the Poppy Trail - a sombre end to a great weeks break. Thanks to you all for such good company, including a big thanks to the French Club [Morini Passion] for their hospitality, not forgetting Doug and Liz (with the Settebello - how could you forget that Morini, Paul?) for providing endless cups of tea and coffee.

The GP did 1,500 bug-splattered miles two up with luggage and ran smoothly at all revs. Interestingly Diane said that it was smoother above 4,000 revs, so that's where it spent much of the time on the trip back. We used the Autoroutes from Orleans to Albert, which took us around Paris on the A86; much, much worse than the M25, even though it wasn't crush hour.

What a great Club,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

MickeyMoto wrote:[After a 15 hour 650 mile thrash back the flying colours are the oil stains on my garage floor. I think I have blown all the engine seals. I knew the clutch one was weeping but it looks like the Torrey Canyon under my bike now.

What surprised me was just how comfortable the 500 Sport with rearsets is. I got up on Monday morning with no aches or pains.

Just need to spend a day cleaning off the flies, the bike is sitting in my garage with what looks like a very content face at the moment....

I think the weather helped but I can't wait for the next big trip.

Mike.
Update - I have ridden the 500 since (including a couple of 40 mile commutes) and there are no oil stains on the floor at all. Yes, there is oil in the sump, and the oil is between min and max. Just before I left Dijon the oil was below half way on the dip stick so I thought I'd add some, although the level went up just above half way I appear to have missed the hole with some of it, maybe that is the source of the oil?

Mike.
steve pegg

Post by steve pegg »

Hi Mike,
I have a really annoying leak / weep on my 500 it comes from the gear selector shaft oil seal. However if the oil level sits low I think the the seal is uncovered so no leak. Fill her up a bit and it leaks when warm after a ride.
Replacement of the seal is easy as it's pressed in from the outside. Now I am not saying this is the answer but could be if the seal is in poor nick. For some reason it does not seem to leak much when moving along . Have yet to try but leaning on the prop stand post ride could help confirmation of this level theory.
Enjoyed Dijon looking forward to Germany I think we will need a few more days though.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Steve,

I replaced the gear lever seal before we left as it was leaking. I'll remove the cover and have a look (need to change the starter motor shoes so the electric foot works again, i rather stoopidly filled the motor with oil and the plug fell out...).

Maybe it was the pressure of the fast ride home?

I agree about Germany, be nice to start on the Wednesday and return on the Monday. Two extra days would make it all the more enjoyable.

Mike.