MAG ride tomorrow, Sunday 25th September

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
MarkB

MAG ride tomorrow, Sunday 25th September

Post by MarkB »

I'm not normally one for protests or demonstrations (I've never been on one in my life) but MAG are organising a series of rides tomorrow (Sunday 25th September) around the country to protest about some horrendous potential EU legislation that will have serious implications for motorcyclists.

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883

So I'll be firing up the Sport and heading off for South Mimms.

Cheers, Mark. Rebel without a waistline.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Gedge

Re: MAG ride tomorrow, Sunday 25th September

Post by Gedge »

I shall be staying at home or going for a ride by myself on account of how I think we already have an image problem and enough people hating us without deliberately annoying them/ holding them up.... :(
MarkB

Re: MAG ride tomorrow, Sunday 25th September

Post by MarkB »

That was actually my own reaction when I first heard about the demo, but I just felt I had to do something this time. It was a very good-natured and well-organised event: an impressive turn-out of all types of bikes, scooters and trikes; quite a number of shiny Harleys, various ratty bobbers and things, a couple of 70s Guzzis, an original Ducati 900ss and plenty of modern bikes, utilitarian and sporty. Hair colour was predominantly grey. The police were helpful and friendly, everyone behaved, people waved from bridges and the M25 was just the same as it always is on a Sunday afternoon. The disruption from a big race meeting at Brands Hatch, Silverstone or Donington is much worse. I'm glad I went.

Cheers, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."