Morini Meetings 2011

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
Sir1

Morini Meetings 2011

Post by Sir1 »

6. - 8. May: 5. Danish Morini Meeting - Jubilee!!!;o) (- always the first weekend of May)
3. - 5. June: 22. Morini Day - Morano sul Po, Italy (- always the first weekend of June)
24. - 26. June: 31. Int. Morini Treffen - Unterlaichlingen, Bavaria (- usually around the 2nd or 3rd weekend of June)

http://morinist.dk/morini/engelskkalendermorini.php

So now there should be no excuse from the brits like "oh, we didn't know there were other meetings that would clash with ours" :wink:

Regards,
Søren
3potjohn

Re: Morini Meetings 2011

Post by 3potjohn »

If you play your cards right you could go to Coupes Moto Legende at end of May then nip over the hill to Morini Day.Only a further 340 miles.What I need is more time off,something that appears to be being arranged judging by a consultation document I might have seen.Harrumph!
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Søren,

Thanks for your dates, which are already incorporated into the club's 2011 diary:
http://www.morini-riders-club.com/diary.html

Also on that diary is our annual trackday & rally weekend, Thursday 16th - Friday 19th June- Cadwell trackday on the Thursday followed by a weekend of club fun including trackday, a rideout, silly games, the Club AGM, and more! (provisional dates currently)

So now there should be no excuse from the Europeans (or the brits for that matter!) like "oh, we didn't know there were other meetings that would clash with ours" :P

Tom
Sir1

Post by Sir1 »

Hi Tom

(I know I've been on about how the brits think about themselves, but still) I learned in school that Britain is a part of Europe. Do I need to revise what I've learned?
Just to make history clear: Last year there was a lot of talk about "the brits" wanting to make their rally "international" and therefore wanted to avoid it clashing with other meetings. In that context I sent all the relevant dates to the proper sources in due time. Regardless of these precautions, the rally was still set on the same date as the german meeting (and not the italian, as falsely stated in ATG). That's the reason for my somewhat pointy comment.

Anywho, nice to see there are no clashes this year. As stated the three mentioned meetings are always (more or less) at the same dates. Knowing you don't have any system or regularity in your dates, I hope that you will keep planning your rallies on dates that don't clash with these (and others).

Regards,
Søren
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Hi Søren,

No offence intended (or indeed taken) at the 'pointy' comments!

Yes I know last year we had some unfortunate clashes and I truly hope that in 2011 and beyond we can enjoy morini meetings on an international scale. I'm glad that for 2011 we have managed to avoid clashes- in truith we don't get much say in when our trackday happens as that is largely dictated by cadwell's racing calendar (although, because we have held an annual trackday there for 30 years, we are high up the pecking order, hence having a date so far in advance this year)

I hope that we have some overseas visitors for our rally, and I hope also that some of our members venture to your meetings too.

Tom
Sir1

Post by Sir1 »

morini_tom wrote:
... and I hope also that some of our members venture to your meetings too.
Well, one of your members will most certainly turn up - namely me! :wink:
By the way, the 19th of June isn't a Friday - have a look in the Diary...
Regards
Søren
Last edited by Sir1 on 25 Nov 2010 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Sir1

And just to start the ball rolling - Diane and I will be hoping to get to the German Treffen this year.

We've never ridden through Germany (never visited any part of that country to date...) so this will be a new experience for us! Not only that, but it will be hard on the heels of a week and more in the Island for the 100th year of the Mountain Course - so that's June just about taken care of :D

Any-one fancy riding along with us - proabably take a couple of nights getting there as no point in rushing a good trip (to paraphrase a well known Morinisti comment...). We will be GP mounted (that way I can get all the luggage and spares for the return trip on board), but don't let that put you off!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
jb666

Post by jb666 »

I hope to be going as well providing I get one of the Morinis running!! I should be going with my brother as he has bought a Kanguro.
As for driving in Germany it is very civilised and well signposted once you get used to the way the signs work - biggest town (letter wise) is the direction of the road/motorway and those underneath are the next waymarkers.

Chris - if you need a stop off I live just off the M20 at Ashford, 30 mins from Chunnel and 45 mins from Dover.

John.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Reminds me of a trip a few years ago, when we stopped after an autobahn thrash one of the group said 'F%^K me, that's a huge city." "Which one?" We said - "Ausfahrt, signs for it at every exit for the last 60 miles"!

D'oh!