AGM and annual rally

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
morini_tom

AGM and annual rally

Post by morini_tom »

The AGM and rally is fast approaching: 18th-20th June- GET IT IN YOUR DIARY!!

Details are on the front page of the website:

http://www.morini-riders-club.com/
SupermotoDave

Re: AGM and annual rally

Post by SupermotoDave »

I am running the free BBQ for all AGM attendees so if anyone is coming, if they could let me know in advance, it would make my life easier.
I also have the option to bring some famous Sweeney pies up on the Friday night, again if anyone is interested please let me know either by PM or email or reply on this forum.

Cheers

David
adrian650

Re: AGM and annual rally - find it.

Post by adrian650 »

I've been out and about the North Leicester Lanes planning my short run for the saturday morning. The scout camp site is fairly easy to find but it doesn't look like the right place as you approach it. Bath Street is not continuous and for the camp I think it is best accessed via A607 and Lanesborough Road.
Picture 15.png
Picture 15.png (147.42 KiB) Viewed 10720 times
I intend for my run to be at Rothley Station (where Jem suggested we could meet at lunch and then go to camp) at 12:00 ish. The steam station might have a cafe, not obvious from the website. Anyway, if you're coming in to the station from the north on the M1 I'd recommend leaving at J23 and then taking the B591 to Whittle Hill, where you can follow the minor road south east. It's a pretty route and good and wide.
Picture 16.jpg
Picture 16.jpg (170.74 KiB) Viewed 10720 times
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Adrian and everyone else going to the AGM. Thought I should mention that the steam railway station doesn't have a cafe, it has a little shop selling teas and bicuits etc but that's about your lot, and no indoor seating. The sun will be shining and you'll be in biking gear so sitting outside train spotting should be pleasant enough :D
If you must eat and train spot, the next station north at Quorn and Woodhouse has a pub restaurant across the road. Slightly posh though, not a chicken nuggets sort of place but good quality.

Ok, I fess up, I am a local and was a trainspotter a long time ago. Hopefully I'll show my face over the weekend, I'm the one with the anorak and badges.

Steve.
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
adrian650

Post by adrian650 »

Thanks Steve,

That's what I thought, but the location has already been advertised so we have to stick to it. Maybe I'll arrive with a sandwich. I hope it's drier than today!

Adrian
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Adrian, thought that would be the case. Sent you a PM as well.

Steve
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
adrian650

Re: AGM and annual rally - thanks

Post by adrian650 »

All tidied up after the Rally now. It was a well planned day and could have been a great day out for those of the list who didn't make it. The ride-out, meet-up for lunch, fun and games and beer neatly sandwiched the AGM making for an enjoyable time. Cold on the campsite though!

Thanks for David and Jem for catering, Chris and Tom for fun & games and finally Dave for organising a well-placed venue.

If you have any photos I'd be really grateful if you could email the highlights to me for ATG. Best to send to work though:

a.k.jowett@shef.ac.uk

Now we start planning for 2011...

Adrian
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

I would like to add my thanks for all those that made the weekend.
The pie was great on Friday night David and was just what you needed after a long day.
The beer Jem was a good choice and saved us walking down to the local pub.
The venue Dave was excelent and offered a safe and ideal location for bikes and riders alike.
Silly games, were silly and provided much spectacle and entertainment for all who were there. Thanks Tom & Chris.
Finally the ride out Les was good fun with a stop over at the Great Central Railway adding to the experience.
For those of you who may have come you missed a good weekend. Come and take part next time and you will not be disappointed. Remember the track day on September 2nd, your next chance to enjoy a day with other Morini's riding around Cadwell Park. Spectators are welcome but try to bring along your Morini.

Safe riding

Paul