Morini trip to Crofton Beam Engines

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
SupermotoDave

Morini trip to Crofton Beam Engines

Post by SupermotoDave »

For those looking for a ride out, but without the time to go on the Continental trips, the Berks,Bucks & Oxfordshire section are arranging a ride out to Crofton pumping station, in a clear link between once cutting edge but now aging technology, and the oldest working beam engine in the world.
The date for your diaries is Saturday 26th June (England might be playing in the World Cup that day if they are group C winners.) We have arranged a guided tour when the engines are steaming, but you will probably need to book in advance for that.

Crofton is 6 miles SE of Marlbourgh in Wiltshire on the Kennet and Avon Canal. www.croftonbeamengines.org
You will be guaranteed to see some Morinis in a delightful country setting so please do come along, and it would help us if you could let us know in advance, so please send me a message through the forum and I will pass it on to the organisers.
Further details will be published here when we have them.

David
SupermotoDave

Re: Morini trip to Crofton Beam Engines

Post by SupermotoDave »

Come on then chaps, England are not playing on Saturday so we are aiming to get to Crofton for 11.30 AM.
Roll up to see the Granpasso and the Tresette hiding behind it.
If you want a ride out in a group then the group is leaving from near Streatley at 10 AM.

BBQ afterwards for club members if you let us know in advance.

David
corsaro chris

Re: Morini trip to Crofton Beam Engines

Post by corsaro chris »

What a great day Saturday was - lovely weather, a bunch of Morini, Crofton in steam and run pasts by a GWR "King" and the Red Arrows! And all finishing off with a tractor driving tutorial.

Thanks to Gary for organising, and to Liz and Doug for the BBQ! Some great machines in the shed as well...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"