Dutch Morini club 25th anniversary

Post details of any upcoming Morini event or any event you think Morini enthusiats would be interested in.
hombre

Dutch Morini club 25th anniversary

Post by hombre »

Hi guys,

I can confirm that the date of 14-15 may is for sure now. The 14th will have a tour in the Dutch mountains :wink: followed by a barbecue. On sunday there are races at Hengelo (Open Dutch championship I believe). There is a camping near the circuit (about 11 km's from Laag-Keppel where the meeting is held). Watch http://www.motomoriniclub.nl for more info.

See you all then...
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Dutch Morini club 25th anniversary

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Dear Hans,

It is good to see the dates in the diary but I assume you mean 15th & 16th May not 14th & 15th as stated. As you know there are a few Uk members planning to come over and join you for your clubs 25th. Chris has already asked for details on local hotels and a number of us would welcome details of the camp site. Whilst Tony is already in contact with our chairman it would be good if you could post on this site full details of the venues, map, post codes etc so we can plan our trip. I'm planning to come over night from Hull arriving at Zeebrugge early Saturday morning 15th May however if your tour starts early then I could arrive on the Friday.

Safe Riding

Paul
hombre

Post by hombre »

You are so right. It's probably because we are in a different timezone :wink:
I'll ask Tony to update the English part of the Dutch site
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hombre;

Like Paul I'd welcome a little more information on this promising Netherlands adventure.

Diane and I are intending to use this trip as a gentle re-introduction into foreign bike trips. We've done it before (many years ago on a 350 and 500 - both Morini) but children and things have taken up the intervening years. We anticipate travelling over from the Shuttle to Calais, maybe spending the Thursday evening & night somewhere in Belgium (Brugge - as it's only 50 miles from the shuttle terminal?) before getting to the event venue for Friday night. In that way we can enjoy the hill climbing on the Saturday....

We'd be happy to link up with any other like minded Morini riders fancying a gentle pootle across to the Netherlands via northern France and Belgium...

Happy 25th to the Dutch club :D

Good riding
"I'll use the Morini"
hombre

Post by hombre »

I have read on a site for the races at Hengelo (that's Hengelo Gelderland, not the other one) there is a free camping next to the paddock in the weekend of the 15 & 16th. They also race on the 13th so I think you can stay there from then on. It's here: http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=q&source=s ... d&t=h&z=13

The meeting is held at Laag-Keppel (10km's from Hengelo) which is here: http://maps.google.nl/maps?hl=nl&safe=o ... 6&t=h&z=12

I hope these links work, I'll keep you posted if I know more
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Corsaro Chris

Would it cramp your style (or speed) if a 3 1/2 came along? The last time I went to Holland was in the late 80s in my dad's 1933 Riley Lynx to a Dutch Riley Club rally. The hospitality and enthusiasm of the Dutch people was excellent and it was a very memorable experience. I'd love to let the Strada stretch its legs on the continent, and I'd feel much more confident if there are other Morini riders around!

Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mark;

We'd be delighted to have you along. Diane will not want me to go quickly, and it would be a shame to rush a good ride (to paraphrase a famous racer saying...). It's more a sightseeing trip than a full-throttle blast; if there are others who want to do that, fine. The company would be very nice!

If you're happy with leaving on the Thursday and staying in or near Brugge (Bruges) then we'll start to fix things up over the next few weeks.

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
350-v-twin

Post by 350-v-twin »

Our meeting for the 25th anniversary on 15/16 May is now officially announced:
http://www.motomoriniclub.nl

:idea: British riders, please contact your Chairman, Jem Moore if you want to come over.
We keep in touch with Jem. Think that's the best way, to communicate :mrgreen:

In case Jem is not available, see http://www.motomoriniclub.nl/contact.html how to get in touch.
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

For those of you who want to have a look, there's a video on YouTube of a bike climbing the Posbank, the highest local mountain (110 meter - who said that in Holland a mountain is anything above sea level?)

Nice place, very green, beautiful road with hairpins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbDawxmp ... r_embedded

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

That does look a nice ride Brubru, but was it really not over 60 kph? Or was the rider being ironic? My Dutch translation isn't up to much :oops:
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

I need the month off-I am set to go to le Mans and then across to Dijon already.If I could get this weekend off.........
Its 250 miles to Dover too.
As far as Brugge goes ,if you are feeling flush try Hotel Adornes, and if thirsty try http://www.brugsbeertje.be/.
Enjoy the cobbles.
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Steve,

The guy writes that the speed limit is 60 kph and he kept to it, at least in the first part of the ride. But the video is 20% accelerated (I guess that is how it would be for Morinis on such a road).

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Chris

I'm not sure if you got the PM I sent you, but I'd definitely like to come along. Have you got an itinerary planned yet or any more details?

Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Jem

Post by Jem »

Hi,
I've been a bit slow in catching up with this. If you're in the MRC and in the UK or Eire please send me a private message so that I can co-ordinate numbers & travel detail.

I say that because if you live on mainland Europe you don't need my help! But Irish & british members might want to join up to travel together and I can offer a stop over near Bath to break the journey.

At present there seem to be two routes - Hull to Hook of Holland, 5 members, and channel tunnel and ride it, 4 members, with one undecided. The bikes are a mixture of new & old V twins - the owners of new bikes insist they won't be riding too fast. I shall be riding my Kanguro via the tunnel, maximising miles on the road & minimising miles on the sea.

If you wish to go please let me know. As a matter of courtesy I want to let the Netherlands club how many to expect and we should provide our own contribution to the festivities.

I shall give those who are interested details of where to meet up & to stay.

Jem
Jem

Post by Jem »

Time to settle final arrangements. I have 10 names - some not confirmed because they've not been in touch.
We owe the Dutch club the courtesy of knowing how many will attend. Just turning up is impolite and could easily upset plans so please contact me if you are even just thinking of going.
Remember, by having your name it is possible to exchange phone numbers (in case of problems), share plans, routes, accommodation, etc. to make the trip that much easier and more enjoyable.